Get ready for summer with these sizzling shrimp tacos. Super simple to make and a nutritious meal for everyone. Don’t be stuck with the same old beef and cheese tacos, create something that is fresh and diet friendly!
1 tsp Honey
¼ red onion
½ tsp salt
1 tsp lime juice
½ red bell pepper
Baking & Spices:
• 1/2 tsp Chili powder
• 1 packet Old El Paso™ taco seasoning
• 1 pinch Salt
Oils & Vinegars:
• 1 tbsp Olive oil
1 lb Shrimp, large
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Step One: Shrimp
• Heat up pan to medium heat, pour 1tsp. olive oil
• Sauté shrimp with taco seasoning, salt and chili powder
Step Two: Sauce
• In medium size bowl mix Greek yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, mayonnaise until all ingredients are distributed evenly
• Lastly, mash avocado and mix.
Step Three: Salsa
• Dice mango into small cubes
• Chop red onion, jalapeno and tomato finely
• Mix in honey, salt and lime juice until coated thoroughly
Here’s why these tacos are awesome:
Shrimp is a great selection, it’s low in calories and high in protein. Which will keep you full for several hours.
84 calories/serving (3 oz.)
18 grams of protein
Mangos are rich in Vitamin A and C as well as a good source of potassium.
107 calories/serving 5.8 oz
Greek Yogurt contains tons of probiotics and is great for digestive and bone health.
These zesty shrimp tacos are Mei Fitness personal trainer approved, and will give you enough energy to make it to the gym the next morning. Give it a try!