- I have anxiety. I am in no way ashamed of it either. Anxiety is common in a lot of humans today, almost 40 million adults in the U.S. have this “disorder”. My anxiety comes out in different ways, in different situations. I get quiet, don’t speak for a while, sometimes its a day of very little talking. I sort through my thoughts, feelings, and emotions in the silence. I’m not a reactive person unless I’m put in a situation that needs reaction. So the silence is my friend when I have anxiety. The gym has been a big saving grace as well. Mei Fitness is where I go when I need to release my stresses, with the perfect environment to do so!
- I am a major fan of the water! This one is a bit more light, the rain, the ocean, any form of water is a place of peace for me. Thunder storms are my absolute favorites at anytime of day or night. I tend to sleep better in them. The water brings me a sense of calm which, if you follow the horoscope signs (don’t judge), I am a Pisces/ Aries so it makes sense! And side note, I do like the horoscope crap even though its pretty much a load of bull….. (have your own opinions on this!)
- My favorite movies are romanic comedies…. Typical female right? But again I am not ashamed! Friends with Benefits, The Other Woman, and The Proposal are my top three favorites and the best movies of time! If you don’t agree with me, I respect your poor choice in movies! (Kidding, but really though…) Also, recently I’ve become a fan of the bachelorette, this I am ashamed of, but it’s quite entertaining to me because the drama people allow into their lives and it’s occasionally fun to make fun of. (haha) Its becoming a guilty pleasure….oops.
- I have a BIG hate for social media… Shocker, maybe. However, I have always disliked it. Its not because I don’t think its’ a great tool. I do! What I dislike about it, is the insecurity and comparisons that come along with all of it. There can be a lot of secrets kept in the social media that we have today and ways to hide anything. However, I do believe that truth always comes out in one way or another, therefore, making this accusation isn’t something I tend to have fear or anxiety with in relationships. With it there can be drama, which is something I absolutely despise. I’m not a drama gal but if you have drama, I’ll listen and give you my honest advice but then I’m out of it. I have a way of seeing both sides of a situation wether I have met the other person involved or not, call it a curse but I’ve found to be quite useful. Social media is also a façade of actual real life. There is perfect in most the pictures i see which can in turn makes people think they have the perfect life. It’s a show boat for the life people don’t actually live. (However, there are people out there that have amazing accounts and great lives, we just don’t show the hard parts of our struggles.)
- I learn in a different way than other people. A class room is not my place of learning at all. I learn from real life experiences and short bursts of teaching. A class room is very frustrating to me because I can never follow the teacher if the material we are learning about isn’t something I can relate to the real world. Example: Math. It is an ABSOLUTE foreign language to me in the classroom however, if I have time to process, “Why do I need this, what am I looking for, and how is this going to give me the outcome I need in this real life situation?” then I am able to do basic math easily and figure out the formula I need in my head. But in the classroom when the professor teaches something new it all gets lost on me. I have a different way of processing the things I learn and if something is explained to me while I am working on a project, and understand where information came from and how it is needed, I can pick something up pretty quick. I just have to have all the facts of how it can be used and take a step back to think through it.
I hope y’all enjoyed this fun little piece of things you might not know about me. This was a fun one for me to do! I got the idea because my followers on instagram don’t truly see parts of me because i’m behind a screen so this was the perfect opportunity to share a few things you’d probably never guess about me.
athletes, avon, body building, cross fit, fishers, fitblog, fitness, fitness centers, fitness model, Greenwood, gyms, gymvibes, health club, Indianapolis, lifting, muscle toning, personal trainer, powerlifter, Shoulderday, southport, weight loss, workout,
5920 E Stop 11 Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46237 800-479-6710
10610 E 96th St, Fishers, IN 46037 800-479-6710
9166 E US Hwy 36, Avon, IN 46123 800-479-6710
-Adrienne Jackson, Wolfness Blog
– Mei Fitness